The 8 Frame Super Beginner Kit – Assembled is a great starter kit for anyone looking to get into beekeeping looking for a serious first year! The 8 Frame medium hive is gaining popularity with many beekeepers because of its ease of manipulation, standardization of equipment, and increased success. In his book, The Backyard Beekeeper, Kim Flottum describes the 8 Frame Medium hive as the “hive of the future.” With only one size hive body, frame, and foundation, your beekeeping is greatly simplified. The first time you have to lift a full super you will never regret having switched to 8 Frame Medium hives. This kit allows you to install a captured swarm, Package of Bees, or a NUC (Nucleus Hive) with room to grow.
Just add your preferred paint or stain, and you are ready!
The assembled 8 Frame Super Beginner Kit is composed of the following:
- 8 Frame Telescoping Cover
- 8 Frame Notched Inner Cover
- 8 Frame Assembled Medium Honey Super (4)
- 6 1/8″ Assembled Grooved Top & Bottom Bar Frames with Waxed Rite-cell® (Yellow)Foundation (32)
- 8 Frame Screened Bottom Board with Tray and Entrance Reducer
- Boardman Entrance Feeder
- Metal Queen Excluder
- Vented Full Suit with Zippered Round Veil (Small – XX-Large)
- One Pair of Goatskin Leather Gloves (XX-Small – XX-Large)
- 4″ x 7″ Smoker with Guard/Wood Bellow
- 1/2 lb. Smoker Fuel
- Standard Hive Tool
- Bee Brush
These waxed-coated Rite-cell® foundations are easy to use and require no additional reinforcement, which is handy when it comes to honey extraction using an extractor! Wax moths cannot damage Rite-cell® foundations. If you get an infestation, simply scrape clean and re-wax. Rite-cell® foundations are food-grade plastic.