The 8 Frame Basic Beginner Kit – Painted is the minimum kit needed for the first year of beekeeping with a captured swarm or Package of Bees! You can grow as needed from here by purchasing honey supers later (Medium), or simply let your bees naturally swarm every Spring if you are only motivated by pollination or growing the honeybee population. A NUC will quickly outgrow this kit if presented with a good nectar flow – please see our Pro Beginner Kit or Deluxe Beginner Kit if you are ordering a NUC for Spring delivery.
The assembled 8 Frame Basic Beginner Kit is composed of the following:
- 8 Frame Painted Telescoping Cover
- 8 Frame Notched Inner Cover
- 8 Frame Assembled and Painted Deep Hive Bodies (2)
- 9 1/8″ Assembled Grooved Top & Bottom Bar Frames with 8 1/2″ Waxed Rite-cell® (Yellow) Foundation (16)
- 8 Frame Screened Bottom Board with Tray and Entrance Reducer – UNPAINTED
- Economy Hooded Jacket (Small – XXX-Large)
- One Pair of Goatskin Leather Gloves (XX-Small – XX-Large)
- 4″ x 7″ Smoker
- 1/2 lb. Smoker Fuel
- Standard Hive Tool
- Boardman Entrance Feeder (Jar not included)
- Bee Brush
These waxed-coated Rite-cell® foundations are easy to use and require no additional reinforcement, which is handy when it comes to honey extraction using an extractor! Wax moths cannot damage Rite-cell® foundations. If you get an infestation, simply scrape clean and re-wax. Rite-cell® foundations are food-grade plastic.