Great starter kit for anyone looking to get into beekeeping looking for a serious first year! This kit is made up of 4 medium (super) hive bodies. The 8 Frame medium hive is gaining popularity with many beekeepers because of its ease of manipulation, standardization of equipment, and increased success. With only one size hive body, frame, and foundation, your beekeeping is greatly simplified. This kits allows you to install a captured swarm, Package of Bees, or a NUC (Nucleus Hive) with room for honey production.
Assemble and add your preferred paint or stain!
The unassembled 10 Frame Super Beginner Kit is composed of the following:
- 10 Frame Telescoping Cover
- 10 Frame Notched Inner Cover
- 10 Frame Unassembled Medium Honey Super (4)
- 6 1/8″ Unassembled Grooved Top & Bottom Bar Frames (40)
- 5 5/8″ Waxed Rite-cell® (Yellow) Foundation (40)
- 10 Frame Screened Bottom Board with Tray and Entrance Reducer
- Metal Queen Excluder
- Boardman Entrance Feeder
- Vented Full Suit with Zippered Round Veil (Small – XXX-Large)
- One Pair of Goatskin Leather Gloves (XX-Small – XX-Large)
- 4″ x 7″ Smoker with Guard/Wood Bellow
- 1/2 lb. Smoker Fuel
- Standard Hive Tool
- Bee Brush
These waxed-coated Rite-cell® foundations are easy to insert into your frames and require no additional reinforcement, which is handy when it comes to honey extraction using an extractor! Wax moths cannot damage Rite-cell® foundations. If you get an infestation, simply scrape clean and re-wax. Rite-cell® foundations are food grade plastic.