Minimum kit needed for a first year of beekeeping with a captured swarm or Package of Bees! You can grow as needed from here by purchasing honey supers later (Medium or Shallow), or simply let your bees naturally swarm every Spring if you only motivated by pollination or growing the honeybee population. A NUC will quickly out grow this kit if presented with a good nectar flow – please see our Pro Kit or Deluxe Kit if you are ordering a NUC for Spring delivery.
Just assemble and add your preferred paint or stain, and you are ready for your bees!
The unassembled 10 Frame Basic Beginner Kit is composed of the following:
- 10 Frame Telescoping Cover
- 10 Frame Notched Inner Cover
- 10 Frame Unassembled Deep Hive Bodies (2)
- 9 1/8″ Unassembled Grooved Top & Bottom Bar Frames (20)
- 8 1/2″ Waxed Rite-cell® Black Foundation (20)
- 10 Frame Screened Bottom Board with Tray and Entrance Reducer
- Boardman Entrance Feeder
- Economy Hooded Jacket (Small – XXX-Large)
- One Pair of Goatskin Leather Gloves (XX-Small – XX-Large)
- 4″ x 7″ Smoker with Guard/Wood Bellow
- 1/2 lb. Smoker Fuel
- Standard Hive Tool
- Bee Brush
Waxed-coated Rite-cell® foundations are easy to insert into your frames and require no additional reinforcement, which is handy when it comes to honey extraction using an extractor! Wax moths cannot damage Rite-cell® foundations. If you get an infestation, simply scrape clean and re-wax. Rite-cell® foundations are food grade plastic.